2021-22 Call for AAC Fellows Applications!
Due Date: July 26, 2021
The Asian American Center at UNC Chapel Hill invites applications for the 2021-22 Fellows Program from artists, academics, community organizers, or others engaged in a project about Asian American studies/community, including comparative work. We are looking for cutting-edge researchers/artists/leaders who are eager to engage in thoughtful dialogue with our campus community and with each other. The Fellowship offers the opportunity for the public showcase of each Fellow’s work and serves as an incubator for new work on Asian America through workshops and conversation among the Fellows.
We anticipate this year’s Fellowships comprising two parts:
- a one or two-day in-person visit to offer a public event and smaller workshop/other engagements with the campus community and offer any possible research assistance from campus resources
- virtual workshops of work in progress and a conversation about community/field concerns with the other Fellows.
The schedule for workshops will be agreed upon among the Fellows. Travel costs will be covered. The honorarium for each Fellow will be approximately $2500 but may be adjusted depending on the precise visit and engagements for this fluid year, as we recognize that different types of work may call for different engagements and travel restrictions may come into play.
Applicants may be (for example) academics/artists at any stage of graduate study or professional career, independent artists/scholars, or leaders/employees of organizations engaged in work with Asian American communities. Small teams may apply to share a single Fellowship and should submit one application.
We invite applications on any theme or focus area but will especially welcome applications from people in the UNC system and North Carolina, or those working on projects about Asian Americans in the U.S. South. We anticipate being able to offer four Fellowships this year.
Please apply at this link and attach requested materials by Monday, July 26, 2021.
You will be asked to attach:
- approximately 4-page project description (double spaced) (Describe your current project and its significance for Asian American studies, culture, and/or communities. Highlight any relevant connections to UNC or NC communities)
- (optional but recommended) additional sample of work or links to online portfolios/websites
- contact information for two references
Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org